.

Friday, April 11, 2014

A Mediocre Blog Post


I'm having a really hard time trying to put this blog post into a normal, flowing, literary form. Sometimes I just don't think in a normal, organized way. Instead I'll just make a list of my scattered thoughts for you and maybe I can trick you into thinking I can write.

// Sometimes, it's too easy to settle; to compromise the things we want most. We settle for instant gratification and things of no importance when compared to things we give up that are of eternal importance.

// It was an amazing realization when I discovered that I don't have to settle; that mediocrity is not my destiny.

// Mediocrity is not a measurement of skill or the lack thereof, but rather a measurement of determination, of effort, and of improvement. We must repent of our daily mediocrity, which we can overcome through repentance and the grace that comes through the power of the atonement.

// "We are too prone to be satisfied with mediocre performance. We are capable of doing so much better." (Gordon B. Hinckley)

// Heavenly Father didn't prepare a plan of mediocrity, but a plan of salvation and a plan of happiness. We were not sent here to settle for mediocrity. We are meant to be so much more.

// My Anti-Bucket List of Mediocrity
- I will never settle for being a mediocre covenant keeper.
- I will never settle for a mediocre marriage.
- I will never settle for mediocre temple attendance.
- I will never settle for being a mediocre teacher when teaching my children about the gospel.
- I will never settle for being a mediocre missionary. (full-time or member)

1 comment:

  1. I won't settle, either. Thanks to you and President Hinckley.

    ReplyDelete